Your New Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a permanent General Building Engineer to join our Ministry of Justice (MoJ) account in HMP Kirkham, Kirkham, Preston, PR4 2RN, this role is based on-site.
There may be a need to work some weekends but this would be on a rota basis (and with an additional allowance of 15% of basic salary)
At Amey, we’re supporting our justice client, His Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) by providing them with safe, clean and efficient prisons.
By using our facilities management expertise, we help keep 60 secure premises across England and Wales running smoothly.
一般建筑工程中扮演一个重要的部分in ensuring the planned and reactive maintenance work within the prisons is carried out in a safe, compliant and timely manner.
The standard hours of work are39 hours per week (across 7 days where a weekend shift pattern is in place).
Work-life balance and flexibility are key for our success. We empower our people to make choices that are right for them, with hybrid, part-time and flexible work patterns. And with a network of offices across the UK, we’re open to discussing working options that suit you.
You will be responsible for:
- Raise, update and close remedial tasks within the Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) system.
- Ensure all critical parts are available for statutory tasks.
- Carry out general and semi-skilled maintenance activities.
- Undertake general tasks associated with security systems such as CCTV and alarm systems.
- Carry out monthly checks and tests of fire extinguisher equipment, with regular checks on fire hydrants and fire hoses.
- Complete RCD testing on a quarterly basis.
- Carry out checks on Misting Units.
- Undertake fire door maintenance activities.
- Conduct flushing and tap temperature tests as required by the water risk assessment.
- Undertake monthly and annual emergency lighting checks.
- Check and test smoke vents as required.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
What makes this role unique isyou will work alongside the engineers in all maintenance across the site as well as working independently. Prison Security Clearance will be required (Amey will support you through this process).
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in Fire Door Maintenance
- Experience in Fire Extinguisher Maintenance
- Experience in Fire Alarm Core Points
- Experience in Emergency Lighting
- Experience in RCD
- Experience Water Temperature Testing
- IT skills
Ideally you will be qualified in multiple areas of maintenance as outlined above with experience in general building maintenance.
In addition to this, it would be desirable if you have experience of working within a custodial environment with basic Health and Safety knowledge and exposure to building and system compliance, although this is not essential as we will provide you with the required development you need to bring you up to speed.
What we offer you
When you join us, we can offer flexibility, career development, a choice of benefits and support that help you through all life’s ups and downs. It’s the reason why Investors in People put us among the top 1% of employers and we have a competitive reward and benefits program
- Career Development- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension– Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices- Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey- Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
- Social Value- You’ll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
We embrace differenceandsupport individualsto work in ways that work best for them.
We arecommittedto workingsustainablyand byworking in partnership with the communitieswe serve, sopeople and the planetare protected.
At Amey,you have freedom to performbecause we know if nothing holds you back, together, we can be extraordinary.
Who is Amey?
- We are atthe heart of modern Britain, helping the economy to grow by designing, maintaining and transforming the nation’s strategic assets.
- Our11,000 peopleare behind the critical services the country relies on every day.
- Our uniqueengineeringandoperationsexperience, together with data driven insight from ourconsultingbusiness,delivers better resultsfor our clients.
- We are trusted partners of Government– both national and local – managing assets and complex projects that are vital to the sustainable growth of the country.
To find out more take a look at our websitewww.tanaka-law.com
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity.We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.Please contact our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org discuss any access needs, reasonable adjustments or additional support that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today – We are excited to hear from you!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the closing date should we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.