Your New Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for aPermanentHighway Maintenance Operativejoin our M8 account.
Our M8 account is working in partnership with Scottish Roads since 2014, we are responsible for completing and upgrading motorway networks and trunk roads in central Scotland.
We have this far completed 30 kilometres of motorway network between Glasgow and Edinburgh, as well as 12 kilometres of new build road and 16 kilometres of network upgrades. This has resulted of the works being undertaken the new section of road between Glasgow and Edinburgh to help save up to 18 minutes off journeys at peak times for drivers travelling between the two cities.
Our aim is to continue to maintain motorway networks and trunk roads through to 2047, to ensure we create well-functioning, safe spaces which minimise disruption, keep people moving and support thriving communities.
Highway Maintenance Operativesplays an important part in the installation of temporary traffic management and all aspects of highway maintenance works.
The standard hours of work will be discussed in your interview.
Work-life balance and flexibility are key for our success. We empower our people to make choices that are right for them, with hybrid, part-time and flexible work patterns. And with a network of offices across the UK, we’re open to discussing working options that suit you.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civils’ works and litter picking
- Drive/operate vehicles/plant ensuring vehicle checks, routing maintenance and cleaning is carried out
- Winter Maintenance – including emergency call out and standby
- Safety is high on our agenda so ensuring the safety of yourself and the team is paramount
- Keep records, including drivers’ hours and any paperwork necessary
What makes this role unique isIf you join our team, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role your most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working closely with clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
We want to hear from you if you are:
- A Strong communicator & problem solver
Ideally you will have aclass 2 HGV Licenceand aCPC card, with experience inStreet works.
In addition to this, it would be desirable if you haveCivils or Trade experienceto help you hit the ground running, although this is not essential as we will provide you with the required development you need to bring you up to speed.
What we offer you
When you join us, we can offer flexibility, career development, a choice of benefits and support that help you through all life’s ups and downs. It’s the reason why Investors in People put us among the top 1% of employers and we have a competitive reward and benefits program
- Career Development- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Holidays- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices- Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey- Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
- Social Value- You’ll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
We embrace differenceandsupport individualsto work in ways that work best for them.
We arecommittedto workingsustainablyand byworking in partnership with the communitieswe serve, sopeople and the planetare protected.
At Amey,you have freedom to performbecause we know if nothing holds you back, together, we can be extraordinary.
Who is Amey?
- We are atthe heart of modern Britain, helping the economy to grow by designing, maintaining and transforming the nation’s strategic assets.
- Our11,000 peopleare behind the critical services the country relies on every day.
- Our uniqueengineeringandoperationsexperience, together with data driven insight from ourconsultingbusiness,delivers better resultsfor our clients.
- We are trusted partners of Government– both national and local – managing assets and complex projects that are vital to the sustainable growth of the country.
To find out more take a look at our websitewww.tanaka-law.com
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please contact our recruitment team atPeopleServices@amey.co.ukto discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today – We are excited to hear from you!