Your New Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a permanent Cleaner to join our Ministry of Justice (MoJ) account in HMP Wymott, Ulnes Walton, Leyland, PR26 8LW, this role is based on-site.
The salary is£22,105.20.
At Amey, we’re supporting our justice client, His Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) by providing them with safe, clean and efficient prisons.
By using our facilities management expertise, we help keep 60 secure premises across England and Wales running smoothly.
Cleaner plays an important part in ensuring the working and living environment within the prisons is safe and clean.
The standard hours of work are39 hours per week
Work-life balance and flexibility are key for our success. We empower our people to make choices that are right for them, with hybrid, part-time and flexible work patterns. And with a network of offices across the UK, we’re open to discussing working options that suit you.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide a cleaning service that delivers to our contractual requirements
- Control stock levels and order consumables
- Operate machinery safely and in line with the guidelines and training provided
- Ensure a high-quality service is provided to the building users at all times ensuring customer satisfaction
- This role will also support both local and business zero carbon programmes, working towards zero carbon in a strategic and lean manner as and where it is appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring H&S standards are achieved across the contract.
What makes this role unique isthe impact your excellent cleaning service will have on those who live and work in prisons. Prison Security Clearance will be required (Amey will support you through this process).
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Comfortable working in a prison environment
- A team member
- Environmental awareness
Ideally you will have experience in using chemicals and machinery safely.
In addition to this, it would be desirable if you have experience in cleaning large buildings and sites to help you hit the ground running, although this is not essential as we will provide you with the required development you need to bring you up to speed.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud tobe the better
What we offer you
When you join us, we can offer flexibility, career development, a choice of benefits and support that help you through all life’s ups and downs. It’s the reason why Investors in People put us among the top 1% of employers and we have a competitive reward and benefits program
- Career Development- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension– Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices- Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey- Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
- Social Value- You’ll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
We embrace differenceandsupport individualsto work in ways that work best for them.
We arecommittedto workingsustainablyand byworking in partnership with the communitieswe serve, sopeople and the planetare protected.
At Amey,you have freedom to performbecause we know if nothing holds you back, together, we can be extraordinary.
Who is Amey?
- We are atthe heart of modern Britain, helping the economy to grow by designing, maintaining and transforming the nation’s strategic assets.
- Our11,000 peopleare behind the critical services the country relies on every day.
- Our uniqueengineeringandoperationsexperience, together with data driven insight from ourconsultingbusiness,提供了更好的结果for our clients.
- We are trusted partners of Government– both national and local – managing assets and complex projects that are vital to the sustainable growth of the country.
To find out more take a look at our websitewww.tanaka-law.com
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity.We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.Please contact our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org discuss any access needs, reasonable adjustments or additional support that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today – We are excited to hear from you!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the closing date should we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.